Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mediterranean Fish Fillets

Overall, it was just fine. What I mean, I could have pick a better Halibut. I was a bit disappointed of my choice of pick. Ok, not me to blame. It should be in the store selling a not so fresh fish. I was even so excited of the result of the fish dinner tonight but disappointed that the fish texture is not what we expected. I even paid the fish $25.00 (two slices only) and weigh just more than a pound. Next time, I will make sure that if is not frozen and thaw out fish. I bought the fish at Nugget Market. To think that everything they sell is high quality. Oh well. I will know better next time. However, glad it turns out good the fish. It is not like ohhh and wow and thumps up fish coming from my husband and baby though.


Mediterranean Fish Fillets
Side dish: Baked carrots and red potatoes

Verdict: 2.75 out of 5

Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 15 minutes

 
 
Ingredients:


1 ½ to 2 lb. Halibut steaks
½ cup Buitoni Classic Bruschetta
¼ cup pitted and quartered kalamata olives
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. snipped fresh basil or oregano (I used the fresh basil on this)

You can baked the carrots and red potatoes first. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the baking pan with nonstick spray. Add olives oil, dry parsley and salt and pepper mixed in the carrots and red potatoes. Baked for 40 minutes. Take out the baked carrots and red potatoes.
Turn up the oven to 400 degrees F for the fish.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse fish and pat dry; place in prepared dish. Stir together bruschetta, olives and lemon juice; spoon equal amounts over halibut. Bake for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with basil.


Yield: 4 servings

Nutrition per serving: 370 calories, 62 g protein, 9 g total fat (0.50 g sat., 0 g trans), 4 g carb, 1 g sugar, 95 mg chol, 380 mg soduim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...