Thursday, April 21, 2011

Italian Scampi

Dinner for tonight is quick and easy. I love the lemony taste. I got thumps-up for tonight's dinner. Instead of using white wine, I used vegetable broth instead and to aim the acidity fo the white wine, I added 3 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.

Italian Scampi
Verdict: 2.95 out of 5



Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

1/4 butter (I used I cannot believe its not butter instead)
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 cup white wine (I used vegetable broth instead and added another 1/4 cup)
3 tablespoon of lemon juice
Hot cooked angel hair pasta

Directions:
Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add garlic; cook over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium and add shrimp to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes minutes more. Stir in vegetable broth and lemon juice for 2 minutes more or until shrimp is pink. Serve over pasta.
Makes: 4 serving

Nutrition per serving (if you use the white wine): 350 calories, 28 g protein, 14 g toatl fat (8 g sat., 0 g trans), 24 g carb, 2 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 230 mg chol, 260 sodium,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...