Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes

My husband was surprised that he actually liked the asparagus. He is not a big fan of asparagus if you know what I mean. The balsamic vinegar gave the tangy overall taste along with the tomatoes. The asparagus was tender crisp to our liking and glad it turns out good.


My husband thanks me after the very good dinner. He thanks me for the 4 star restaurant quality dinners tonight. I was glad to hear such compliments from my husband.


Verdict: 4 out of 5

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Source: Cooking Light Magazine, April 2011







Ingredients:

1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed

1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic

4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese

¼ teaspoon black pepper



Directions:

1. Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.

2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt.

3. Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
Yield: 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...